Server Rules - Last Updated: January 28, 2013
No Cheating :
Cheating means using non-standard game modifications in order to give the player an advantage over others, any game-mod that may create such an advantage is considered cheating.
Using these will result in instant ban:
* HP hacks : Infinite health; HP refills without heal command
* Armour : There is no way to obtain armour in the server
* Banned weapons : You can get any weapon you want using the weapons command, however, Minigun, Tear gas and Remote detonation grenades are prohibited and inaccessible through the weapons command, if a player is using them that means they're cheating.
* Vehicle hacks : Infinite or increased car/motorcycle/helicopter HP
* Gravity hacks : These include higher and/or faster jumping; flying on foot jetpack style; flying in a car or on a bike
* Speed hacks : Travelling at a higher speed than possible, either on foot or in a vehicle.
* Game-changing mods : These include data files edits;
map mods that add objects invisible to other players;
visual modifications that change models' collision data, dimensions and size;
any other mods that affect players' interaction by making something appear different on your screen.
* Any other 3rd party programs or tools that affect the gameplay in any other way, for your advantage or not; except when stated otherwise by admins.
Rules on Glitching :
The following glitches are prohibited:
* Wall glitching :
Allowed in places that are accessible in original single player VC without cheats, trainers and modifications, or in places accessible on foot in XE;
Disallowed from places that are only accessible with the use of gotoloc command. Will result in a kick, then a ban.
* Sliding glitch : Disallowed. Will result in a kick, then a ban.
* When using RPG : Both fast switching and glitching are disallowed. e.g. using RPG in close combat in a way that makes explosions not appear on your screen, therefore ignoring the damage and knockback. Using RPG in close combat may be considered glitching based on admin discretion. Will result in a kick, then a ban.
* Heli-glitching: Killing players with heli-blades when flying under the map. Will result in a kick, then a ban. Note: Flying under the map is allowed.
All other glitches are allowed, except when stated otherwise by admins.
Chat Usage :
* Spamming : Disallowed.
Will result in a kick, then a ban.
Spamming is repeating the same message or similar in the game chatbox in quick succession or the over and over again, Example:
* Using 3rd party programs to flood the chat will result in a permanent ban.
The following may also result in a kick or other consequences:
intentional false reports;
spamming in /msg ;
asking and begging for admin level;
excessive expression of disrespect toward XE staff members.
Everything else is allowed in the chat.
Other Rules :
* Death evading : Disallowed. This includes attempting to avoid getting killed - either by /q , goto/gotoloc, pausing to desktop or crashing manually. Will result in various consequences including your account removal and all your stats reset to 0.
* Command abusing : Disallowed. In case a player finds a bug in a script command, he needs to report it in forums / inform an administrator about it, do not abuse it. Will result in various consequences including possible permanent ban.
* Attacks on server will result in a permament ban. This includes any attempt to crash the script and/or the server, gaining access to other people's accounts, giving out other players' passwords, etc.
* Pausing is not advisable when the server is more than 2/3 full; also if you pause in a crowded location your radar blip may confuse players. You might find yourself kicked when you unpause, however this is just a notice, not a rule.
* Spawn-Killing technically is not possible in XE because of random spawn points. You can not be kicked or banned for spawn-killing unless the random spawn script is not functioning properly. Do not report other players for spawnkilling; if you are being continuously killed at your spawn, consider changing your skin.
Every other version of the rules is outdated. Refer to this topic first.
For further explanation feel free to ask admins in-game, here in forums, or in our IRC channel.
Please keep re-checking this topic, as the rules may be updated.
- XE Management -